Fees and funding
Open access publishing is not without costs. The Journal of Headache and Pain therefore levies an article-processing charge of £1690.00/$2490.00/€1990.00 for each article accepted for publication, plus VAT or local taxes where applicable.
If the corresponding author's institution participates in our open access membership program, some or all of the publication cost may be covered (more details available on the membership page). We routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries. For other countries, article-processing charge waivers or discounts are granted on a case-by-case basis to authors with insufficient funds. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process. For further details, see our article-processing charge page.
BMC provides a free open access funding support service to help authors discover and apply for article processing charge funding. Visit our OA funding and policy support page to view our list of research funders and institutions that provide funding for APCs, and to learn more about our email support service.
Annual Journal Metrics
30 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
23 days to first decision for all manuscripts
61 days from submission to acceptance
18 days from acceptance to publication
3.403 - 2-year Impact Factor
3.586 - 5-year Impact Factor
1.091 - Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP)
0.849 - SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)
- ISSN: 1129-2377 (electronic)
- ISSN: 1129-2369 (print)
- Neuromodulation in Headache and Facial Pain Management
- Cluster Headache and other Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalgias
- Peripheral Interventional Management in Headache
- Placebos and Nocebos in Headaches
- Gender and Migraine
- Headache and Comorbidities in Childhood and Adolescence
- Comorbidities in Headache Disorders
- Pharmacological Management of Headaches
- Pathophysiology of Headaches