Skip to main content

Table 4 Associations between clinical characteristics and good outcome

From: Favourable prognosis of trigeminal neuralgia when enrolled in a multidisciplinary management program - a two-year prospective real-life study

Prognostic variable OR 95% Cl p-value
Disease duration (≥ 5 years vs. <  5 years) 2.5 1.1–6.0 0.036
Anxiety and/or depression (yes vs. no) 0.4 0.1–1.2 0.084
Neurovascular contact with morphological changes found on MRI (yes vs. no) 0.8 0.3–2.0 0.68
Sex (man vs. woman) 1.2 0.5–3.3 0.68
Purely paroxysmal pain (yes vs. no) 0.9 0.4–2.3 0.88
  1. N = 103 TN patients, of whom 53 had a good outcome. Good outcome = 50% reduction of the overall burden of pain according to NRS. The analysis of the association between the prognostic variable and good outcome was done by multiple logistic regression with back-wards elimination. p-values are reported as two-tailed with a level of significance of 5%. OR = odds ratio; Cl = 95% confidence limits