|How many different headaches types does the patient have? A separate history is needed for each.|
• Why consulting now?|
• How recent in onset?
• How frequent, and what temporal pattern (episodic or daily and/or unremitting)?
• How long do headache episodes last?
• Manner and speed of headache onset (abrupt, progressive over minutes, hours, days or longer)?|
• Intensity of pain?
• Nature and quality of pain?
• Site and spread of pain?
• Associated symptoms?
• Predisposing and/or trigger factors?|
• Aggravating and/or relieving factors?
• Family history of similar headache?
• What does the patient do during the headache?|
• How much is activity limited or prevented?
• What medications are used, and how frequently?
|State of health between attacks||• Completely well, or residual symptoms?|